Monday 21 April 2014

Illustrator revalation

I often use Adobe Illustrator to draw illustrations or finesse graphics. While I'd prefer a cheaper package, there doesn't currently seem to be anything that comes close to the sophistication of this tool. Like Photoshop (or Flash) it isn't the most intuitive thing, though. You really need expertise. But first, you need to know what the feature is that you need. As soon as you know this, Google is your friend.

So, today, I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if there were a way to align multiple objects not just to each other, but to the fixed position of a single object?"

It turns out this is dead simple - you shift-click to select all the objects you wish to align, and then do an extra click on one of these selected items. This becomes the reference to which everything else is aligned.

I was so excited I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment